Rick J. Miller
- Real Estate Law
- HOA and Home Owners
Rick J. Miller is a native New Mexican who moved to Texas to attend college in 1990. He is now a licensed attorney in Texas with fourteen years of experience and operates the Law Office of Rick J. Miller, PLLC as a solo practitioner. After receiving a Bachelor of Arts in Sociology and Geography, from Southwest Texas State University. Mr. Miller began a career as a high school teacher and coach. He entered law school in 2003 at South Texas College of Law in Houston, where he graduated and became a licensed attorney in 2006.
During law school, Mr. Miller clerked for the Hon. Jennifer Walker Elrod in the 190th District Court of Harris County, Texas and gained invaluable insight into general litigation. Since being licensed Mr. Miller has devoted more than 90% of his practice toward representing homeowners associations in Harris, Fort Bend, Galveston, Brazoria, Montgomery, Liberty, Walker and Travis Counties. He also acted as the City Prosecutor for the Cities of League City, Arcola, and Manvel for over five years.
Mr. Miller's direct experience with the general public as an educator and as his face-to-face in person dealings with the average citizen as a prosecutor have provided him valuable insights into communicating with people across every social strata and background. Moreover, they have pushed him to develop strategies for conflict resolution that fit people rather than scenarios.
Mr. Miller and his wife Kristi are the proud parents of Ella Grace, Zachary, Jenna, and Matthew; and a beautiful boxer named Luna. Mr. Miller is now enjoying his 24th year as a resident of Houston and nothing makes him prouder than to call Texas home!
- South Texas College of Law Houston, Houston, Texas
- Juris Doctor - 2006
- Southwest Texas State University
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 1996
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Geography
- Major: Sociology
- Texas, 2006
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- Harris County Court at Law No. 4, Law Clerk, 2003 to 2004
- 190th Judicial District Court, Harris County, Texas, Law Clerk, 2004 to 2006
- Butler & Hailey, P.C., Associate Attorney, 2007 to 2013
- Gregg & Gregg, P.C., Associate Attorney, 2013 to 2018